Congratulations on joining the UDVD! You will enjoy new top quality program selections from U Media Group on a weekly basis. This subscription agreement explains the terms and conditions that apply to your use of the UDVD ("u DVD") and constitutes a legally binding agreement between you and U Media Group, ("UMG"). By using the UDVD, you agree to all the terms and conditions in this agreement which together with your This Subscription Order Form shall constitute the agreement ("Agreement") between you and U Media Group.
1. The UDVD. UDVD consists of a DVD subscription program whereby you will receive 3-4 DVDs weekly consisting of a four (4) to eight (8) episodes each of the latest home disc release of TVB and UMG Programs mailed directly to your home. Watch them anytime you like and there is no need to return the DVDs to us. You will receive your 3-4 DVDs every week via First Class USPS.
2. Terms of Service. The enrollment and use of this u DVD is subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. U Media Group may at its discretion change the terms of this Agreement at any time. Such changes shall be effective upon notification by U Media Group. We encourage you to check udvd.umgtv.com or call ours Customer Service at 1-415-333-8888 for a copy of the current UDVD Subscription Agreement.
3. Eligible Subscribers. You must be a U.S. resident with a U.S. address location to subscribe to the UDVD. You must be at least 18 years of age and competent to assume the responsibilities of this Agreement. Minors may use the UDVD only if one of their parents or legal guardians assumes the responsibilities of this Agreement and thereby assumes full responsibility for the minor's use of the UDVD.
4. Subscriber Fees. At the time of your enrollment, you have a choice of selecting the "Monthly Plan" at $35 per month, with the right to cancel any time. By starting the UDVD subscription, you are expressly agreeing that we are authorized to charge you either a monthly subscription fee in the amount of $35, depending on your selection in the Subscription Order Form, as well as all applicable taxes, whether local, state, provincial or federal. Your fees will cover the UDVD and will include postage for sending the weekly discs. In order to apply, you must provide a valid credit card for issuance of the monthly fees.
5. Cancellation of Service. If you elect to sign up for the Monthly Plan, you may easily cancel your UDVD subscription anytime online, 24 hours a day or call our local number at 1-415-333-8888, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. P.S.T., Monday through Friday. There are no cancellation fees. To avoid being charged for a calendar month, simply cancel your account before the 1st of the month. However, there are no refunds for a partial month's cancellation on or before the 1st of the month.
7. Disclaimers of Warranties and Limitations on Liability. THE UDVD, INCLUDING ALL DVDS, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE UDVD AND ITS CONTENTS. U MEDIA GROUP DOES NOT GUARANTEE, REPRESENT, OR WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE UDVD, INCLUDING SHIPMENT OF DVDS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, AND YOU AGREE THAT UMG MAY ELIMINATE OR OTHERWISE MODIFY ANY OR ALL ASPECTS OF THE UDVD AT ANY TIME, WITHOUT COMPENSATION OR NOTICE TO YOU. Without limiting the foregoing, we assume no liability or responsibility for any of the following: (i) content contained on or defects with DVDs from the UDVD, including damage or defects occurring or caused during shipment; (ii) errors or omissions in the content (including DVDs) delivered by the UDVD or on the U Media Group website; (iii) recommendations or advice of Customer Service; (iv) any failures, mis-shipments, delays, or interruptions in the shipment of DVDs; (v) any failure or interruption in the availability of the u DVD and/or website; (vi) delivery and or display of any content contained on the U Media Group website or through the UDVD or DVDs; and (vii) any losses or damages arising from the use of the content provided on the UMG website or the UDVD itself. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWABLE BY LAW, WE AND OUR LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, FOR EXAMPLE, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. In addition, we do not represent or warrant that the information accessible via our site is accurate, complete or current. We do not make any representations with respect to the content contained on movies from the UDVD or the descriptions of any movie or drama content contained on our website. We do not represent or guarantee that your use of the UDVD and website will be free from interruption, loss, corruption, attack, viruses, interference, hacking, or other security intrusion and we disclaim any liability with respect thereto. No oral or written information or advice given by us or our authorized representative shall create a warranty or otherwise constitute a representation binding upon U Media Group or its affiliated parties. In no event shall U Media Group, its shareholders, directors, officers, or employees be liable (jointly or severally) to you for personal injury or any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, business interruption or any other commercial damages or loss, whether or not advised of the possibility of damage, and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of the U Media Group website, its contents or the UDVD, including any DVDs. In no event shall our total liability to you for all damages for losses arising from the use or inability to use our website, its contents or the UDVD, including any DVDs (other than as may be required by applicable law in cases involving personal injury) exceed the amount of one month's subscription fee on your subscription plan. The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose. If any applicable authority holds any portion of this section to be unenforceable, then liability will be limited to the fullest possible extent permitted by applicable law.
8. Intellectual Property. The DVDs that U Media Group sends to you contain text, graphics, logos, designs, photographs, button icons, images, audio/video clips, data compilations, and software that are the property of U Media Group or its suppliers and are protected by United States and international copyright laws or other intellectual property laws and treaties. The compilation of all content is the exclusive property of U Media Group and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. Content shall not be reproduced or used without express written permission from U Media Group or its suppliers. U Media Group reserves the right to terminate your subscription hereunder if U Media Group, in its sole and absolute discretion, believes that you are in violation of this paragraph, such violations including the copying of DVDs rented to you by us, the unauthorized use of our use of our proprietary content. U Media Group does not promote, foster or condone the copying of DVDs or any other infringing activity. The use of the U Media Group UDVD, including DVDs rented to you by us is solely for your personal and non-commercial use. By signing up for the U Media Group UDVD, you hereby agree not to resell or redistribute the U Media Group DVDs.
9. Termination of Service. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, U Media Group retains the absolute right to immediately suspend or terminate your use of the UDVD, and terminate this Agreement, if you breach any provision in this Agreement, if you misuse the UDVD, and/or if you use the UDVD in such a manner as to infringe upon the intellectual property rights of U Media Group or any third party. In addition, U Media Group reserves the right to terminate your use of the u DVD and this Agreement for any other reason or no reason if U Media Group gives you at least 30 days advance notice of such termination.
10. Indemnity. YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS U Media Group FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, PROCEEDINGS, INJURIES, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS FEES), INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CLAIMS ALLEGING NEGLIGENCE, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT AND/OR TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT AGAINST THE U MEDIA GROUP UDVD, RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR BREACH OF ANY TERM OF THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR MISUSE OF THE U MEDIA GROUP UDVD.
12. Miscellaneous. All dollar amounts stated in this Agreement shall be in United States legal tender. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of California as such laws apply to agreements between California residents performed entirely within California. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to this Agreement. You and U Media Group agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of San Francisco, California. If any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, such provision will be deemed modified to the extent necessary to render such provision valid and enforceable and the other provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect. The official text of this Agreement or notice submitted hereunder shall be in English. In the event of any dispute concerning the construction or meaning of this Agreement, reference shall be made only to this Agreement as written in English and not to any translation into another language. This document represents the entire agreement governing your use of the U Media Group UDVD and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous written or oral statements by U Media Group or its representatives or resellers. U Media Group's failure to enforce any of the terms of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver or relinquishment of U Media Group's right to do so at any time.
BY USING THE U MEDIA GROUP UDVD, I REPRESENT THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS ENTIRE AGREEMENT AND I AGREE TO ALL THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AS STATED ABOVE.